I never thought of Syfy as big supporters of cannabis culture, but on April 20th, the network is airing a marathon of “Hypnotoad” episodes of Futurama. Similar to what FXX is doing with The Simpsons, the network that Battlestar Galactica built has been marathoning Futurama like crazy since they picked up the syndication rights last year and this is a way for the network to take part in the unofficial holiday for those who smoke.
Here is the schedule of episodes that will air on 4/20:
- 8/7c – Bender’s Big Score Part 1: Earth is taken over by email-scamming aliens while Hermes loses his head and Leela falls in love.
- 8:30/7:30c – Bender’s Big Score Part 2: While Lars and Leela’s romance takes off, Bender helps aliens pillage history for its treasures.
- 9/8c – Bender’s Big Score Part 3: Leela and Lars prepare to get married, and we learn what happened to Fry when he returned to the 21st Century.
- 9:30/10:30c – Bender’s Big Score Part 4: Lars reveals his secret as the humans fight back against the aliens.
- 10/9c – The Day The Earth Stood Stupid: Only Fry can save Earth when evil brains from another world plot to make everyone stupid.
- 10:30/9:30c – Three Hundred Big Boys: When each Earthican receives a $300 government refund, the Planet Express crew members pursue their respective dreams and desires.
- 11/10c – The Sting: A killer bee sting sends Leela on a long, strange trip.
- 11:30/10:30c – Bender Should Not Be Allowed on Television: Bender becomes a television star, as well as a terrible role model for children.
- 12am/11c – Rebirth: After a devastating spaceship crash, the Professor attempts to resuscitate the crew with his birth machine.
- 12:32am/11:32c – Mobius Dick: Leela becomes obsessed with hunting down a mysterious, four-dimensional space whale.
- 1:01am/12:01c – Reincarnation: FUTURAMA is reconceived in three alternate animation styles: classic black-and-white, old-school video game and Japanese anime.
- 1:31am/12:31c – Decision 3012: Leela becomes campaign manager for a presidential candidate whose birth certificate is mysteriously missing.
Reportedly, the marathon will come equipped with hypnotoad-insignia “complete with his own far-out logo, psychedelic sidebar, and hypnotic interruptions.”[h/t: Syfy]