Everything you need to know with what’s happening on the network cartoons built over the next several weeks.
In case you have been living under a rock all week, we’ve been covering Adventure Time like mad over here from Cartoon Network, and that continues next week as the network will be showcasing brand-new episodes every day through Thursday with the following schedule as part of the “Islands” mini-series which is currently available on DVD:
Adventure Time: Islands premieres Monday, Jan. 30 at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
- Monday, Jan. 30: “Islands, Part 1: The Invitation” – A mysterious craft invades Ooo and Finn believes it may hold the secrets to his past.
- Monday, Jan. 30: “Islands, Part 2: Whipple the Happy Dragon” – Finn, Jake, and Susan set sail on an ocean voyage full of wonders and danger.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31: “Islands, Part 3: Mysterious Island” – After waking up alone and shipwrecked, Finn investigates a bizarre island in search of his friends.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31: “Islands, Part 4: Imaginary Resources” – Finn and Jake travel to a land where reality has been redesigned and improved.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: “Islands, Part 5: Hide and Seek” – While exploring some futuristic ruins, Susan sees glimpses of a familiar girl.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: “Islands, Part 6: Min & Marty” – An unexpected revelation from Susan leads Finn closer to answers about his past.
- Thursday, Feb. 2: “Islands, Part 7: Helpers” – Finn and his friends journey to a last refuge called Founders Island.
- Thursday, Feb. 2: “Islands, Part 8: The Light Cloud” – Finn confronts the power behind Founders Island, but will he ever return home to Ooo?
Not only do we have a bunch of Adventure Time episodes premiering next week, but Steven Universe will also be gracing us with a bunch of original episodes as well. Episodes run all through next week, and then will start a weekly schedule in February starting February 10th @ 7 pm ET/PT (check your local listings). The episode listings are as follows:
Full week of premieres begins Monday, Jan. 30 at 7 p.m. (ET/PT)
- Monday, Jan. 30: “Steven’s Dream” – A strange dream prompts Steven to search for answers. (Review here)
- Monday, Jan. 30: “Adventures in Light Distortion” – Steven and the Gems take off on a search-and-recovery mission.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31: “Gem Heist” – The Gems try to pull off a heist.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: “The Zoo” – Steven visits a special zoo.
- Thursday, Feb. 2: “That Will Be All” – Steven and the Gems make a daring escape!
Oh yea, and for you UK fans, Cartoon Network has recently signed a deal with Titan Comics which will make all of your favorite characters’ comics available to you either through the company website or wherever comics are sold. Steven Universe, Regular Show, and a bunch of other franchises are all accounted for.